Whisky purchased through Crowns 3 will be shipped to client’s choice of bonded warehouse in London, Hong Kong or Singapore.
Whisky is held in the clients name and the clients account bond in a climate-controlled facility within the setup of a customs licensed premise. No customs duty & GST is to be paid unless the whisky is consumed in the country where it is held in bond.
Whisky storage and insurance
Through the Crowns 3 logistics department, the following is ensured:
- All whisky is stored in owners’ names and can only be removed with their consent
- An annual audit of clients’ holdings is undertaken by the relevant countries Customs and Excise.
- Climate-controlled and vertical storing conditions, which are ideal for whisky storage.
- Holdings are held in bond under state-of-the-art security.
- Clients’ accounts are maintained individually.
- Stored whisky can be released within a few day’s notice and delivered to clients’ chosen address.
- Clients have full online access to their portfolio.
‘Whisky is liquid gold’
SOURCE: SUNDAY POST, 11-2007
*Dalmore is recognized by Whisky lovers with the vintage 1962 Scotch whisky that has been bought for a new world record of £125,000, but even at that price it looks like a good investment.
*The Macallen is famous for its 64 year old single malt whiskey, housed in a one of a kind Lalique crystal decanter that has been sold at a 2010 auction for a record-breaking $460,000.
The Macallan distillery and Lalique donated 100% of that auction sale to a charity that provides access to clean, safe drinking water in developing countries.
A lot of investors are putting some of their wealth into various investments, especially tangible assets like : jewelry, classic cars, watches, coins, stamps and of course our expertise; Fine Wine, Single Malt Scotch and Art. These alternative assets diversify their portfolios, as they are looking for consistently stable, high yielding and low risk investments.